Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandma Trumble (YBG)

Today is my Grandma Trumble’s birthday!

I miss my grandparents a lot. They are in Colorado, while I am across the world in Africa. I miss the positive influence they had on my life while I lived there. I saw them a lot so they had a huge impact on me. I must say my grandma and grandpa are two of my many role models because they set an example for how a Christian should live. They are kind, caring, loving, helpful, hard working, and many other things including being AWESOME!

(Me in grandma's house looking at the pictures on her wall in the kitchen. I always loved that wall.)

Grandma (YBG), is a very nice person to be around if I do say so myself. (She makes good food as a plus as well.) My grandma is a funny person. I don’t even know why, she just is. She is good with kids- she has to be. She has like, a TON of grand kids, and she had to put up with me and my brothers when we lived in America and went to their house. She always had fun activities to do with us at her house. We made shirts, drew pictures, played games, fed squeals, drank tea, cooked, listened to stories, play dress up, ect. My dad always told me to be really thankful for my grandparents because he never really got to know his. I am VERY thankful for my grandparents. They have taught me a lot, and have been there for me for all of the 13 years of my life.

I remember a lot of times with my grandparents, and they are all good memories. One of my favorite times was when I walked to their house and Grandpa taught me how to paint Pick’s Peak and he helped me do it. That was nice. I also always enjoyed just talking with my grandma in front of her gas fireplace while drinking tea.

There are so many other things I could say about my wonderful Grandparents, but that can wait until another time. I am so very thankful to have them as grandparents and I am thankful that I got to live near them for a long time. I hope to see them again soon, probably in a couple years when we go back to America.



(Me, Will, Jim and Grandma sitting on a bear-shaped bench at the zoo. Grandpa is takeing the picture. That was alot of fun. )

Happy birthday Grandma! I love you SO much, and I hope you have a wonderful day! I am glad you were born; I wish I could be there to help you celebrate your birth on this day.
I want to thank you and Grandpa for being some of the best grandparents ever and for being there for me to help and teach me and just to have fun with me. I love and miss you.

 Thanks for reading 
~Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post Liz! They are definitely very special people! I love them so much.

    This post was beautifully written, and so very true! They are such wonderful examples to us!

    <3, Kim

    ReplyDelete