Monday, April 30, 2012

My Carousel Horse

Music Box from my Grandmother

Once when I was little and my family was visiting Iowa and staying at my Grandparents' house, my Grandma told me that if I sung in church she would give me a prise.  I thought about it for a long time. I really didn't want to. I didn't realize that she was bribing me. Eventually I agreed, and that afternoon after church she gave me a carousel horse music box. I've had it ever since and I love it.


I decided to draw it last night. It took me a while, but I think it turned out pretty well. It looks a little different, but I almost like it better. It looks free and magical.  The real thing looks like it is being forced to stand in a really uncomfortable position.

Elizabeth Trumble 29 April 2012 Carousel Horse


I'm happy with my picture. I feel lagit. :)  It looks a lot worse when I look at it backwards in the mirror though. I see things in an odd way I think. The mirror has been a big help.  Actually not really. It just makes me realize how disproportionate things look after I draw them.

Anyway... I'm proud of myself. hehe

1 comment: