Sunday, July 19, 2015

Plans: "If The Lord Wills"

1 Corinthians 7:17 (The Message) "And don’t be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God’s place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there. God, not your marital status, defines your life."

As I near age 18, I think about furthering my education, getting a job, and getting married. :3 These things might seem in some ways far in the future, but the more I think about it, the more I realize they could be just around the corner. I long for these things, but in some ways I long for right now. I think that is a decent balance, don't you? Besides, Proverbs 19:21 NIV says "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." So I can long all I want but that doesnt mean anything particular will happen except wasting time with my head in the future. In fact today at church we even heard about making plans, and how making plans apart from God is pridefull. James 4:15 NIV
"Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.'" I'm selfishly hoping the Lord's will is that I get married in the next 5 years. Some people look down on getting married young, and of course, if that's not God's will, I don't really want it. But yeah. Hey, I'm just writing my thoughts. Calm down.

It looks promising that I'll begin "trade school," as I heard someone call it, learning cosmetology this coming year. I don't know, but this school may be as close to a college as I'll ever get. Maybe I'll become interested in college later on, but the way I see it, as long as I'm furthering my education, weather it be in accademic college or hair dressing school, I'm still choosing to take a direction and do something with my life. I'm really excited about this as I will graduate from the International Salon and Spa School at 19 with a hair dressing lisence. I call that a bit of a head start. I will be able to get a decent job knowing a particular trade at 19! See, doesn't this story look like one where the girl gets married pretty soon here? Just kidding... EXPECTATIONS KILL HAPPINESS AND WISHES STEEL YOUR PRESENT TIME. That's an original Elizabeth quote.

As I trust God for my future and lean on Him for my now, I pray that He would help me remember that His purpose is what will prevail. I pray I'd remember that tomorrow has enough trouble of it's own, that today is all I've got today. That God defines my life, not my  educational status or my marital status or my vocational status.  I am where I'm suposed to be right now and I dont want to waste this present time. I can live, obey, love and beleive right where I am and that's good enough for me, even in the struggle that it can be. God is worth more to me than anything. I will wait on Him.



1 Corinthians 7:17 (The Message) "And don’t be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God’s place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there. God, not your marital status, defines your life."

3 comments:

  1. So true, Elizabeth. This kind of wishing can plague us all our life if we don't rest in God and His timing. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm at a time in life where kiddos can seem all consuming and it's nice to be reminded that God has put purpose, value, and intention in where He has me.
    Love you cousin!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Your article is fabulous. Thanks for sharing.



    Chennai Bus Services

    ReplyDelete